Friday, November 02, 2007

My Letter to 790 the Ticket, Sports Talk Radio in Miami

10/30/07

Steve White
Program Director
790 the Ticket

Dear Mr. White:

Where were the adults when the decision was made to promote Sid Rosenberg's show with a clip castigating some caller for comparing Ann Coulter to Hitler???

This is a woman who openly espouses violence and worse against non Christians and liberals. I know Mr. Rosenberg can't control his own worst impulses, which is why I and many others choose not to pay any attention to him when we can help it. To hear him openly and smugly support Ann Coulter and your stupid decision to program her is bad enough. To hear his GOP-fueled outtakes in the middle of the day when those of us are unsuspecting is simply intolerable to me. To know that you intentionally ran his flatulence as a promo in the middle of another show takes it out of the realm of Sid's obvious ignorance and into that of your own. You made a BIG Mistake.

I honestly don't know what you were thinking. I only heard this spot in the middle of the day because my dial was tuned to Dan and Stu's show for the drive home yesterday. I think they are hilarious, but this business with you bringing in political hacks like Rosenberg and Coulter just lost me. I won't use your advertisers, if I ever listen to your station again. Lebatard isn't THAT funny. If you really want to go for the mouth-breathers, then you should have Sid cover NASCAR and limit his nasal inanities to such times. That is, keep him in his cave and don't let him on the air when any intellectuals may hear him. That way, he won't mistakenly treat ALL of your list eners as though they are those Neanderthals that actually agree with his political views.

Frankly, I believe Coulter may be reasonably compared to Hitler, if only in respect of her mendacious propaganda. Someone should inform the nose with a cranium that Hitler spoke out and fomented hatred with propaganda long before he had killed anyone, so it's entirely appropriate to criticize hate speech by comparing another hater to Hitler even if those such as Coulter only urge violence. It's no excuse that they may not have yet achieved their aims.

It's certainly understood that Coulter has these radical, extreme views. Anyone with a pulse knows this by now. Yet here is Sid the Melon belittling the reasoning of someone with mainstream views IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR LESS OFFENSIVE PROGRAMMING as though we need a recovering drug addict to tell us what is and isn't so politically. (Here's a suggestion: Maybe Sid can get a job with Rush Limbaugh and they can get high together while they blather. Or maybe you can hire Neil Rogers for some equal time. Good luck with that.)

I'll never forget this, just as I have never forgiven ESPN for having Rush on there. I've never, ever supported anyone who advertises on ESPN since then. Now you'll get the same treatment. I intend to write your advertisers and any sports teams associated with your station to bring this reasonable objection to their attention, as well. I will blog these views. In fact, I intend to castigate your station and this morning dunce to anyone who will listen. Maybe you'll pick up some rich, fat-cat GOP'ers, but you are going to lose your blue-collar crowd, just as you've insulted me. Your organization should show greater sensibilities and hire someone with greater sensitivity to others than Mr. Rosenberg. And, Mr. White, I would make this same suggestion to your boss.

Sincerely and vehemently yours,

Chris from Boca

Cc: Neil Rogers